Friday, August 26, 2011

Sweet, sweet relief

So, first things first. Tim DIDN'T get the job.

We aren't crying though, because he was offered a BETTER position with the same organization!

We are totally elated. He's really excited, and we are both relieved to know that we will be consistently employed. I didn't realize it until yesterday -- but we now both have jobs that have no ending (provided we perform well). Up until this point, Tim has had temporary jobs and deployments that make life-planning uncertain. I didn't think about it much until yesterday when I realized that we get to be in control now. Truly.

It feels great.

This weekend, we get to celebrate Tim's film from last year when it plays at the Landlocked Film Festival in Iowa City. (In other GREAT news, Tim and his writer/director signed a deal to have it distributed! So many happy things these days). Getting this job means Tim knows he can stay close to the film projects that make him happy. I'm so proud!

We also decided to splurge and stay overnight in Iowa City, to celebrate. We're headed out to dinner with friends after the festival, but not before we invite them up to our club-floor room with free evening hors d'oeuvres :) what WHAT?

Add that to a salon appointment this afternoon, trip to a local winery tonight, and boating on Sunday... and I think we have a pretty well-rounded weekend ahead of us. I might even break out a BCBG jumpsuit I bought in Nashville but haven't worn yet. Because it's a jumpsuit?

I'll keep you in suspense.

1 comment:

  1. Yesssssss! So happy for you! And for Tim. And for me. Because this means you'll stay close for a while. :-) I am also extremely excited about the jumper making an appearance. High fives all around.

    ReplyDelete