Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It hurts so good

We are on Day 3 of the Insanity workouts at our house. They are appropriately named. Day 1 was a fitness test (I thought I would puke or die), Day 2 was an ADHD-feeling circuit workout (progress... I only felt like I would die), and we will see what today brings. I'm, ahem, feeling all my muscles again, though.

The workouts are SO insane, that part of the DVD ensemble actually drops out here and there to catch up. That is really comforting to see. Every other workout DVD I've done has these perfectly-coiffed people who never stop, sweat, or appear to be cursing. Insanity people = my people.

The workouts are meant to be 6 of 7 days a week, for 2 months. A huge accomplishment for me would be to stay with it.

Secondary to THAT, will be meal planning and healthy eating (garbage in, garbage out on the workout front). Tim and I don't do too terribly here, at least during the week. Primary goals are to eat out less (including on the weekends), try and control portions, and cook balanced meals.

After the holidays, I'm having some troubles with this. Not with eating healthy -- I really do love good, clean food. I just realized today that I'm stash eating. You know what I mean. This week, I've eaten nicely rounded meals.... and then an hour later, find the holiday popcorn tin from my mom and eat from it until my jaw is tired. (Protip: you can't ignore the holiday popcorn tin after the holiday. And you can't just eat a little of it. Better just to throw it out). Today, I finished my nice, veggie-heavy, whole grain, lean protein lunch.... then remembered that I have tootsie rolls left over from Halloween in my desk. You read that right. Halloween. And yes, I ate them. You can judge me. I really just wanted that little bit of pure sugar.

Next week will be better.

I finished the first book of "The Hunger Games" series, and need this weekend to get into the second one (Insanity workouts = falling asleep on the couch insanely early). They are totally worth a read if you need some new book crack. They are meant to be a teen series, and yes, there IS a love story (ish), but unlike the Twilight series (which I am not embarrassed to say I devoured), there is almost no teen angst. Just a great story about future America with a main character you want to admire.

Forget the poor jobs economy and beefing up my 401k -- the books make me think I'd be better off sticking with the cardio workouts and learning to hunt/gather.

Hope everyone is enjoying their early 2012 goals. I still haven't finished OR won a game of Words with Friends...........

1 comment:

  1. Love the economy/401K comment! I liked the first book best..and then they fainted a little for me. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete