Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ah, gees.

Most weeks, I don't leave my desk for lunch. Either I'm cramming it in so I can leave at 5 p.m., or I'd just rather catch up on my blog roll and news sites than leave to get lunch or eat in the break room.

These last 2 weeks, however, I've decided to leave my desk for lunch when possible. I went home a few times, ran errands, etc. Upping my energy for the afternoon = win. Today, I decided to head to a nearby, nearly deserted mall to wander around and get a replacement for a hair product I use (mall contains an assortment of sad curio stores, government offices, the hair salon I go to, and a few food places). After I bought the product, I still had 40-some odd minutes to waste. I got some lunch. Ate my lunch. Still 25 minutes of "free time."

So, I headed up the escalator to the Hallmark Store to buy a new Yankee Candle car air freshener (only the best for my Malibu Maxx with 2 Xs).

............ and I walked out with $50 worth of Yankee candle air fresheners (home and car) and a candle.

What is WRONG with me? In retrospect, that is way too much to spend in one shot on freshening air.

Moral of the story: if you are a bored spender, eat at your desk.

2 comments:

  1. If the heat would dissipate, you could be outside and away from those tempting stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwhahahahahah I love you :) Yankee Candles are just so tempting...I'm glad Molly takes on those purchases. :)

    ReplyDelete