Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This post is not important

But ladies and well-dressed gentlemen, I need your help.

Remember how I said in my last post that I get more excited to food shop than clothes/shoe shop? Well, I have a practical need now in the shoe department that requires attention.

So, I hardly ever spend money on shoes. I'll pick up a really cheap pair here and there, but then wear the crap out of it until it needs replacing. And usually, all my shoes need replacing at once, and it's a really overwhelming task (for WHATEVER reason). I can never decide what to get! I overthink how often I will wear them, if they will make me too tall, etc. etc.

Here is the primary need. It snowed in Iowa. A lot. It's slushy and cold, and I can't get by a) wearing dress shoes and socks or b) wearing my now-beat up pairs of knee high boots and skinny jeans every day.

My requirements:

1) Flat or a low heel
2) Can be worn with jeans or dress slacks
3) Preferably not suede or faux suede
4) Don't make me look twice my age (for whatever reason, I think this shoe type with my requirements is primarily marketed to middle-aged women.)

I've been wandering around shoe sections of stores and looking online. Between all the boot, bootie, and now... wait for it... shootie styles out there, I can't make up my mind. How do you guys get by with stylish footwear in the winter?

I think in past years, I've really not cared this much. But I have a few more days this winter/spring that require me to dress nicely, and I'd like something that I can wear to/from the car because I won't have the opportunity to wear snow boots and carry normal shoes in a bag.

Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I have the same issue. Perhaps we should form a support group. Except. I. Need. Heels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going big time on the tights and boots, tights and heels over here. I know it is not as cold but it seems to work. If I were in Iowa I would totally rock the tall sock boot combo. Have you seen that one? I think it really cute.

    Example: http://ramzrevell.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-11-08T08:12:00-05:00&max-results=7

    P.S. do you follow Love Ramsey? She's uber young but has some cute stuff.

    Cute boots: http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=50077&np=127_282-403_503

    Oh and Kitten heels are back in action! yes!

    ReplyDelete