Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This is worse than dating

We've been so busy lately! When we aren't working or seeing friends, we've been looking at houses and last night, we made an offer on one.

We're currently in the frenzy of the counter-offer process, and I'm so nervous and excited! But even after we make it official with this property, we still don't know the full extent of surprises lurking around every corner (eh? eh? see the dating metaphor?)

We'll decide after inspection if it's true love, and accept the house with all its faults.

This still feels like a diversion from all those crazy "what am I doing in life" questions, and a massive one at that. Goodbye expendible income and free time! On the plus side, if we become home owners and property tax payers, we have more street cred if we wanted to show up at a city council meeting and complain.

I think I'm finally going to blast this post out to Facebook (after much hemming and hawing), so to my family and friends: If you are curious and begin following my blog, pretend you didn't when we talk about stuff in real life :) Less confusing that way.....

1 comment: