Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to Monday

What a weekend.

It was so perfect in my mind, that I am making a point to put it in here so I can remind myself later that this is what I like. (Sign of late-20s aging: reverting to a two-year-old's ability to remember preferences).

Friday: Work until noon (standard where I work. Jealous?), then lunch with friends at my favorite French cafe in Cedar Rapids (also the ONLY one). Dined on tomato mozzerella salad and croque madame. AND an almond fruit tart that was an edible piece of art. Came home, took a nap, then Tim came home to tell me about an awesome (second) job interview he had. Hopes are high! Then, we met friends/a sister for a movie and dinner at Hacienda, my second home. French and Mexican in the same day? Perfect.

Saturday: Slept in, got dressed, and picked up sister + friend for Marion farmer's market. Perfect morning to peruse with coffee in hand. Scored: bell peppers in crazy colors, local wine, avacado ranch dressing, mini-cinnamon rolls from a local bakery, pork tamales and pico (local). We walked across the street to check out a  new wine bar. Drank a glass and picked at a meat and cheese plate. Left so I could make some returns at Talbots (see footnotes), then home again. JOGGED for the first time in I can't remember how long, showered. Left for a night out on the town in Iowa City with friends. Ate bolognese at a new Italian restaurant. Drinks. Drinks. ................... Drinks. McDonald's (oh, yes) and home.

Sunday: Slept in. Coffee in my jammies, loving on Frank, then cleaning the house. Showered and met my mom and sister for a local sweet corn festival. Bid on silent auction items, ate food stand food, played bingo. Left the festival for beers on the deck in Amana. Walked around Amana looking at cute things, then ate German food for dinner (delicious unidentifiable wurst and down-home sides). Laughed with the family. Took a picturesque drive home and learned that I scored my silent auction item. Yeah! Grocery shopping and then home again to watch Mad Men, read, and then fall asleep.

This morning was a multi-cup coffee morning because my weekend was so awesome. Tonight is dinner at yet another amazing restaurant with a friend. (Motivation front: We are finally making plans with all the wonderful people we know but whom we never see).

It's possible that after this week, the mister and I will both be gainfully employed. Send good vibes our way!

** Footnote: I can't believe I'm saying this, but all of a sudden I've taken an interest in Talbot's. I ordered a few Loft-type things online, but ordered too big and went to the local store to exchange and was the youngest person in there by at least 20 years. No matter, I FINALLY found a pair of grey-wash jean ankle pants that fit, and ordered a great khaki high-waisted skirt. Just because I am now a patron, doesn't mean I'm buying pants with elastic in the waist.

Unless they're really cute. ** End footnote.

1 comment:

  1. Life is Good, Kate Nash, Life is Good! I like this extra special glimpse into my Fave CS Manager's weekend- how fun!

    ReplyDelete