Friday, February 24, 2012

What day is it again?

I'm here.

The weeks have just been flying by, and I can't believe it's almost March.

February month re-cap = WORK, a trip to St. Louis to see my wiggly nephew (he can DANCE), an anniversary weekend trip to Galena, an epic cold, dropping out of Insanity, giving myself food hugs regularly. Oh, and another, shorter haircut. 

March (from what I'm expecting so far) = dinner with out-of-town friends (yeah!), a work trip that will take me to New York City and Philadelphia, more work busy-ness, an impromptu Chicago weekend? And Tim's annual officer ball/dinner in Des Moines. I'll just go ahead and write here that I hope I get back on the fitness bandwagon in the next month. Gosh, I LOVE starting over -- bring on the soreness! YEAH! (I'm faking that.)

I woke up this morning actually relieved that it was Friday. Relieved. I'm not really sure sure where that feeling comes from, other than it's been really busy around here lately. I look forward to some Saturday morning PBS in my robe, house cleaning, hockey outing with my crew (feels like forever since I've seen friends!), and church with my mom on Sunday. Oh, and kicking back with some good food to watch the Oscars. And hey, I felt so good about it being the weekend this morning, that I thought I might try working out tomorrow. Maybe.

I still have the remnants of a plague that's working it's way around my office. Which brings me to last weekend -- our winter wonderland getaway. I'll post pictures -- but the cottage and the surrounding property we stayed in was absolutely beautiful. Stunning. Picturesque. It was .... perfect.

Except, I was COMICALLY sick. I feel like we could make a movie about the last weekend that stars Chevy Chase. I was constantly attending to my nose, couldn't sleep or taste anything, and looked like a mucus monster (I felt like one, anway). Tim and I would get up and go eat these gourmet breakfasts and dinner in a room the size of your living room -- surrounded by other happy bed-and-breakfast-goers -- and I would have to interrupt everyone's romance on the hour, every hour, with an orchestra coming from my nose.

That wouldn't be so bad if not for the nosebleeds. Yes. I have an affliction shared by nerds and coke addicts where, if it's dry or I have a cold, I get nosebleeds. Picture Tim and I walking dreamily between artsy little shops in downtown Galena.... and me with a Kleenex crammed in my face. Awwwwwesome.

I told Tim that this can't be an annual thing for us -- I got comically sunburnt on our romantic Mexican honeymoon last year. I have to break the tradition of being an achy, whiny mess on our trips together! I want a do-over. On both counts.

Seriously, Tim and I think it would be great if we could round up a few friends and head back to Isla Mujeres for a little spring break -- anyone else in for March 2013? Sun, beaches, cheap flights and plentiful booze... and we could share a vacation rental.

Let's go.


2 comments: