Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm running away

For the weekend, anyway. It's time to get out of dodge and clear my head! I'm headed to St. Louis to get some good quality family time with my mom, sister/brother-in-law, and ADORABLE nephew. It'll be the refresh/recharge that I need after the past few, difficult weeks.

But to do that, I have to confront an irrational fear I have: I hate driving, by myself, and especially for long distances. Actually, I don't even like riding long distances.

I'm really not sure where this fear started, but I think it's getting worse the older I get and the more I avoid it (I'm sure my people notice).

A few years back, I got into two, rear-end accidents (one in 2007, one in 2008) that were my fault. But both happened really quickly -- in the time it takes to look at your radio. Since then, I've slowly started to get leerier about following another car too closely, not using a turn signal, or other cars getting up in my biz. Or really any form of irregular driving sends a shot of nor epinephrine up my spine.

The only way I could see my sister this weekend was driving myself there. I need to do it. I won't die on the road. It'll be fine.

hgfhgfhsghs

Here's to confronting fear head on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment