Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Why hello, 2012

When did it become the new year?

For all my holiday bellyaching, I wish I could go back and do it over. All the family time, all the hours in the car, all the decadent foods, all the time entertaining from my kitchen... even the, "is the flu? is it a hangover?" that layed me out for a few days. I might be a sadist, but I want to do it all over.

But, it's a new year, and there are more good times to be had.

Instead of resolutions, here is how I am starting this week, the FIRST week of a brand new year.

1. Working
2. Getting my hairs cut
3. Finishing the first book in "The Hunger Games" series... jhgjgdflippingawesomebooksofar
4. Finally finishing OR winning a game of Words With Friends
5. Maybe making it to the gym, maybe.
6. Celebrating a friend's birthday this weekend

Those are the highlights, anyway. Not too bad, but I have a weird feeling that the list should be more.... grand? For the first week of a new year, anyway, it feels like I should be doing more extraordinary things. But since it's a non-resolutions list, it's best to tell it like it is. Aside from the haircut and listing out all the sleeping, eating/drinking, cleaning, and TV time I do, that's a pretty typical week for me at this point in my life.

No big changes expected this year. Last year, I got married and bought a house. I think I will happily accept this year as a "pass" year, where nothing too huge and/or life-altering happens. I'll work. I'll pay bills. I'll go to the gym, I'll skip the gym. I'll take some really cool trips and I'll hang out on my couch. I'll spend time with people I love, and I'll chill by myself. I'll cook and eat.

At least, those are all the expected things. And for all the unexpected ones? We'll just see about those.

No comments:

Post a Comment