Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pop music is eating my brain

Wins all around last week, except for the orchard. But I got to the gym once, made crazy headway on the apartment, and the canoe trip Sunday was pretty fun. And also a marriage test.....

Tim was in the back of the canoe, and I was in the front. The person in the back has to make decisions: do we go to the  left or right of that rock? Do we slow down or speed up?

Right away, we came up to a huge tree downed in the middle of the river. I used my outside voice to ask Tim which way we were going and he decided, too late, that we would go left. I felt like the captain of the titanic watching us slowly NOT clear the tree. Actually, I tried to use my foot to steady us so we wouldn't flip (which luckily, we didn't, we just sailed backwards for awhile until we could communicate with each other enough to turn around). Through the rest of the trip, if I saw a curve/rock/tree/another canoe, I asked Tim what the plan was a few hundred feet in advance.

He..... didn't love that.... but otherwise wanted to make sure that I wasn't so anxious that I couldn't enjoy myself. I did anyway. (Tim, if you're reading this, #iloveyouallthetime). Protip: canoeing goes faster without food or booze.

In other news, I still have crap music in my head on repeat. Commence brain cleansing process:

1. Break out old Mac laptop or Pandora for chores around the house
2. Continue with NPR on morning commute
3. Old CDs OR classical music when commuting other times
4. New playlists for the gym (whenever I get there again)

I think that will cure me.

Last week's plan worked so well, that it helped me get through a minor setback with moving. Due to a paperwork mistake, our house closing was pushed back 9 days to Nov. 10. We re-scheduled everything we could, but will now have slightly less time to do some settling in stuff. No big deal, we'll just be living with my mom longer!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment