Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Still not dead

But life has been up and down lately.

House stuff is moving right along -- we will decide on insurance soon and on Thursday, we'll walk through the house to "learn" it with the current owners. We also gave notice and the apartment complex, and started packing. We ALSO bought a ton of new furniture to fill our house this past weekend. Things are busy for sure. Next few weekends will be more packing with some plans sprinkled in here and there.

In between life? Is work. Work has been super challenging lately and I haven't had a lot of time for the house stuff to sink in. September was a pivotal month in my group, and along with big changes/revelations comes a lot of stuff that feels personal, even though it's not. It's been really hard to stay positive and jazzed up, but this funk will pass!

I'm officially out of shape again. I've jogged a few times [this month] and [it hurt]. I'm really just trying to find a way to not feel tired all the time and get myself back into the habit regularly. I'll do it! I know I will.

This month has also had me taking out stress in the kitchen. Result? Pumpkin donuts, pumpkin whoopie pies, apple crisp x2, chili, beef stew, and a failed but edible attemp at beef stroganoff. Love the cooler weather!

Until we move, though, Tim and I are going to try and eat almost solely from the pantry and freezer. Last night didn't count -- leftovers for him, salad for me. Tonight, I think things will be more creative :)

I love this season, so I'm trying not to overthink everything that will happen between now and Thanksgiving. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment