Monday, June 20, 2011

Pushing elephants up the stairs

We shall call this chapter "Obstacles."

So, long story short, we're not buying a house right now. We're looking for a job. The mister found out that his orders were being cut short because of another officer's personal issues and lack of federal budget. After September, his employment will end.

Before I launch into why this is making me eat Tums like I own stock in the company, here are the upsides:

We found out JUST in time to NOT buy a house.
We're young and childless, so if one of us loses a job, there's just 2 people + 1 cat to support
This career move was inevitable, so instead of making these decisions in 1.5 years, we can make them now.

All of the above is not keeping my mind from racing nearly every day, though. What happens if the troublesome economy goes from our doorstep into our home (i.e., 3 months won't be enough for us to find something else)? How long will it take us to recover from this setback?

How long until I feel confident that the bottom won't always drop out? (Perhaps the first way this failing economy is affecting us).

So much is up in the air right now, I'm doing the best I can to just ignore it, honestly.

I can't create jobs, I can't influence anyone to hire him, and I can't make time go faster.

I can help my husband draft a better cover letter, I can help him search for positions, I can say encouraging things, and I can hope for the best. I can plan for the worst (without expecting it).

Here's to making it through this phase with my/our sanity, healthy BMI, and liver in tact!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone can do it, you can! What sort of work is he going to look for? Does this mean he will leave the guard all together?

    ReplyDelete