Thursday, May 19, 2011

So.... we're buying a house?

All of a sudden, we went from hunker-down-in-the-apartment mode to... "let's just go ahead and buy a  house."

We might be crazy. And both going through some stir-crazyness. But we figure this is a better diversion than having a baby. (Thankyouno).

So, here is what tipped the scales:

There is a good chance the husband's job will go from temporary to permanent status, or we will come across other jobs in the meantime.

And, our rent just went up.... again.

Aaaannnddd, we have a good chunk of money saved/interest rates are good... blah blah moneytalk.

So, we are meeting with banks and going to open houses. Soon, engaging with a Realtor. I think I'm pretty excited. I get easily attached to houses that remind me of the house I grew up in, so that's dangeous.

There's already one that I'm mentally moving us into when I can't sleep at night. Maybe the pieces will fall together, but it's so darling, full of character (read: hardwood floors, fireplace, built-ins) and seems low hassle (read: updates).

We'll see what happens! In the meantime, I'm cooking and baking like crazy to keep myself distracted. I just love it! Here's hoping me and the Mr. don't gain "newlywed" weight. Maybe that's already happened, but the only thing my scale does is hold open the bathroom door. Oh well, my pants still (mostly) fit.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment