Monday, June 27, 2011

27

When this weekend rolls around, I'll have another birthday come and go.

Last year's birthday was celebrated en route to a family reunion in SD. This year, planning to NOT drive anywhere and spend my birthday with the coolest people I know (one of whom is also having a birthday! Holla.)

Let's recap the year, shall we? These aren't in chronological order....

1. Tim came home.
2. 2 of my good friends got married
3. I got married
4. Found out I was going to be an aunt
5. Another year logged at RC, gets better every year!
6. Made some new friends, spent some GOOD TIMES with all friends
7. Deepened my relationship with Vino's and the Sip n' Stir
8. Signs of aging so far: Getting crankier and getting moles removed
9. Went to Mexico, Nashville, and Atlanta for the first time
10. Paid off my car
11. Started volunteering for the first time since high school
12. Re-discovered karaoke
13. Actually requested truffle oil as a birthday gift this year (I'm domesticated)

This is usually one of my favorite times of the year. It's hot, and there are lots of reasons to be outside and good people and good food. This weekend, despite our recent challenges, I'm looking forward to celebrating a damn good year -- so much has happened! I have so much to look forward to in the coming year... and because I feel like I'm on a roll, I'll list those, too....

1. New nephew
2. Tim gets a new career that makes him happy
3. We buy a house, hopefully
4. Trip to see Laura in Dubai (I'm thinking this trip is going to be one for the books, folks...)
5. Celebrate 1 year of being happily married
6. Maybe I'll run my first road race... if I can trick myself into thinking that I like to run
7. Crack the code into making creamy, cheesy things without scalding them and continue to feed people because it makes me happy
8. Other, exciting, unknown happy things

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment