Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Inconsistent at best

I've updated this blog so infrequently that my browser has forgotten this URL.

I typed in "kategotstarted.bl..." and while normally I can sit back, relax, and hit "enter" before jumping right to this spot, today Chrome was like "whaaaaat?" Kate Upton Google search (whoever that is)? Kcrg.com weather page?

Nope.

Just the blog that I mostly forget about.

Inconsistency is the story of my life. I was the wild card in volleyball and softball pitcher in high school (a serve over the net? Maybe. Strike or will she hit the batter? You never know), I was a decent soloist until college and my nerves got the best of me, I could turn out a pretty decent article as a journalist and then have to write three corrections the next day.

I keep things interesting, folks.

I AM predictable/consistent in these ways:

1. If I decide to go out on the town but start with a big pasta dinner at a restaurant, you can bet that after dinner I'm going to want to crawl back into stretchy pants and park in front of the TV instead of staying out. Actually, it doesn't have to be pasta -- anything super-filling. If you are out with me and want to last past dinner, slap my hand away from the fork after 10 minutes. Better make that 5 minutes, actually.

2. I realized this after Tim being away for two weeks of guard training -- the more time I spend by myself, the weirder I get. If you spent time with me in the last few weeks, you know what I'm talking about.

3. I start a lot of blog posts by talking about how fast time is passing. BECAUSE IT IS. (Next week is July? What?)

There you go. Three things you can count on from me.

Goal for July: double the amount of times I post in here. Last night, Tim and I were re-watching "Midnight in Paris" and aside from wishing I could just live in Paris, I wished that I had something else to offer the world besides corporate navigation skills. Really, aside from cooking and pretending I know how to keep plants alive, this is my creative outlet (thanks again to my trusty handful of readers!) It might be a [really] small [and sad] contribution, but I like living dynamically. Correction: I NEED to live dynamically.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment