Sunday, April 22, 2012

Need some inspiration

It's happened.

Lately, I DON'T feel like cooking or baking. The past few weeks, I really haven't spent a lot of quality time in the kitchen, and I don't feel like it.

Work has been stressful lately, and I mostly just feel tired all the time. We are in and out of the house a lot, and eating out quite a bit. It's a lot of work to plan meals, shop for them, cook them, and then clean up after them.

What do I do? It's like, my ONLY hobby.

I need some inspiration. I've been reading a book by David Lebowitz and his recipes look awesome, but like work to me. I think I also need to change up what I've been eating lately (i.e. crap) to give me more energy. (Sorry, David.... but you cook a la francais, which, loosely translated, means cheese, cream, butter and chocolate. Oh, and pastry.)

Anyone have tips? I'm shooting for simplicity, flavor and nutrition. Just enough to get me back into the swing of things (which, at this point, will be AFTER vacation)........

No comments:

Post a Comment