Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just keeping things interesting

Hey there. Just when you thought your morning/afternoon/evening blogrolls were finished, I pop in with an unexpected post. You're welcome :)

MORE than a month has passed since my last post (wow, that almost sounds like how you start confession with your priest). Life is just moving along here.

We've already done a lot of what was in my last post -- we've watched football, I made spicy/warm things, we've spent good times with our family and friends, and I turn the air conditioning off -- and theeennn turned the heat on this  past weekend when the nighttime temps got into the 20s and 30s. I lit our first fire in the fireplace this weekend and napped nearby. These are the simple pleasures, folks.

School is good. It's mostly what I would have thought it to be. Quirky professor, lots of class discussion, readings to finish during the week and yes -- Wednesday is a really long day. I feel like I'm learning things that are foundational to my job and I love it. (I like feeling like I know things). I'm already term-dropping in my visits with clients ("Ah, no we don't use psychographics the way you mean,  but THIS is similar" and then a flip my hair and smile. Just kidding, but not far off).

I am still really, really nervous about my quantitative courses -- statistics, finance, accounting, etc. For one, 3+ hours of that subject in one night is enough to make me doze off right here. And second, these are always my weakest spots. Hopefully I can fly under the radar and pass without anyone wondering how I managed to get admission to the program. (Seriously, I got through the GMAT with a quant score that represents a wing and a prayer).

Work  is also keeping both Tim and I busy. Between that and chasing around a huge, energetic puppy, we are in full swing, and that is part of the reason that a whole month goes by before I even realize it. And it'll happen again. We have so many things to look forward to in the coming weeks: more plans with friends (including getting to meet a new baby!) trips to see family, a work/fun trip to NOLA, Halloween and Thanksgiving in there somewhere, and before you know it, I'll be writing my annual posts about how stressful the holidays are :)

Because they are.

But I look forward to them EVERY YEAR.

Also, this just in: the new season of "Grey's Anatomy" starts this week and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a week night. Seriously, it's the simple things, yo. I'm even trying to figure out what special dinner I can make for the night to celebrate. Well, anymore, whenever we actually make dinner, it's special. So, tater tot casserole will be special, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment